Thursday, January 17, 2013

Welcome. First Post!

Hello Gluten-Free Friends! 


I have struggled with Food Addiction (compulsive eating) for the last 4 years after a very emotional life event leading me to gaining over 150 lbs. in just about 2 years. Its so much more then what everyone thinks;"There is no such thing as Food Addiction, just stop eating!","Your just fat and lazy, but the food down!". I have come to find it is so much more then that. Its a drug, the most dangerous kinds because we have to use it to live... literally. 


I have tried all kinds of diets (and pills). Most pre-made meal diet plans are to expensive for most everyday people, some diets are unrealistic, and some are confusing. For the last few years I have tried (some times more successfully then others) to stick to a Gluten-Free and Sugar-Free life style and a eating plan based on the Food Addicts Anonymous guild lines.


I have lost 30 lbs. (and counting) since putting my head down and deciding I NEED to make a life style change or I may never get better. 3 years ago I was diagnosed with PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome), which is a condition in which a woman has an imbalance of a female sex hormones, which has lead me to have trouble getting pregnant and trouble loosing weight. PCOS, gone untreated can lead to Diabetes. While being over weight can cause PCOS, mine isn't totally caused by that. BUT loosing the weight is my best chance to get control of the PCOS. 

What I plan on doing here is giving recipes I have tried, encouragement when I can, and a place to share my path. Most blogs, websites, ect. have recipes for whole families (of 4 or more) but its just my Husband and myself so these recipes can be doubled up.

No comments:

Post a Comment